Midwest Laboratories is adding a junior software developer to its team.
As a junior software developer, you will work with a development team writing and maintaining code for computer applications. Your primary responsibilities are to learn the codebase, work on small bug fixes, and participate in paired programming with mid-level and senior developers. This is an entry level position, but as you gain experience and build up your programming skills, you will start to take on larger projects. Your job duties include attending and contributing to development team meetings, troubleshooting, patching computer code, and collaborating with other developers to create applications.
- Participation in the full Agile development life cycle for software development including participating in backlog grooming and sprint planning, developing and reviewing code, updating technical documents, generating unit tests, ensuring code meets requirements through unit testing, and resolving discrepancy reports.
- Work with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, and other scrum team members to ensure successful integration with other software components.
- Work with minimal supervision/guidance. Participate in daily software scrum team stand-ups.
- Assists in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions.
- Understands standard systems development lifecycle processes and applies our methodology effectively on client engagements.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Project Execution.
- Understands project and development plans and can clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Adheres to coding standards defined by technical management.
- Accurately employs our development tools.
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Assist with debugging and research of reported issues
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members.
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Relational Databases
- Understands basic relational database concepts.
- Confidently write basic SQL statements.
- Possesses knowledge of various database access methods.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of object and component methodology and technology.
- Possesses basic knowledge of classes, components, objects, and interfaces.
- Recognizes the fundamental differences between the various internet browsers.
- BA/BS in Computer Engineering preferred
- Experience with Perl, Python and Java coding languages preferred
- Experience with MySQL preferred
- Experience with Postgres Databases preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Postgres Databases: 1 year (Preferred)
- Perl, Python or Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- MySQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)