Check out this video interview with Scott Meyer, Editor of Organic Gardening
I think the video does a great job of preparing people what is involved in starting an organic garden.
Here are some takeaways:
- Check out a place with full sun and good drainage
- Don’t start too big – working in a space 4′ x 10′
- Garden Tools: Wooden Stakes marking an area, Large Spade with sharp blade
- Use compost and work it into the soil to enrich the soil
- Mulch is the best way to prevent weeds: grass clippings
- Never too late to grow different produce
- Herbs are great to start in the heat of the summer.