This morning, with the temp hovering at 65 degrees, I saw all kinds of bugs and gnats flying around my house lights.Here are some tips for dealing with mosquitoes. Source ABC WLS-TV Report “How to keep pests from ruining your summer fun”
5Tipss to Take Back Yards from Mosquitoes
- Tip. Reduce standing water. Check children’s sandboxes, wagons or plastic toys; downspouts, plant saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots: gutters, andflat roofs.
- Toss. Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yards
- Turn. Turn over larger yard items that could hold water like children’s plastic toys.
- Remove Tarps. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats or sports equipment aren’t taut, they’re holding water.
- Treat. Utilize a mosquito elimination barrier treatment around the homeand yard. Using a barrier treatment at home reduces the need for usingDEET-containing bug spray on the body. Mosquito Squad’s eliminates up to 90% ofthe mosquitoes and ticks on a property.
This article also talks about dealing with ticks as well. Just from the look of things this morning, it appears that it could be a long summer dealing with mosquitoes.