I came across this article and wanted to highlight some tips that really struck me. “23 Tips for Keeping the House Cool”
- Provide effective shade for east and west windows.
- Delay heat-generating activities like dish-washing until evening.
- Don’t air-condition unused rooms
- Install white window shades.
SOME TIPS SPECIFIC TO A/C
- Turn off your A/C when you leave for more than an hour
- Clean your A/C’s air filter every month during cooling season
- Provide shade for your room A/C or your outside A/C. This will increased efficiency by 5-10%.
If you want more tips, check out this video clip from C&C Heating & Air Conditioning
Picture via lrargerich