“Is it better to stake or cage tomato plants or should you let them fall over and grow naturally?”
Source: 20 Gardening Tips: Growing Tomatoes News Story
Tomato Plants produce fruit without any intervention
Keeping tomatoes off the ground is the most ideal way to produce the best fruit.
Hear first-hand in this news story.
Here are some additional tips from Organic Gardening with respect to growing tomatoes.
- Choose a bright, airy spot – Your goal should be 10 hours of light in the summer
- Rotate your tomatoes – This helps prevent soilborne diseases
- Buy tomato seedlings. Often lush green starts have poor root systems.
- Soak your tomato bed once a week. Water directly into the soil
- Add compost and trim when the first fruits ripen.
- Pick ripe, but not dead ripe.