Picking the right cereal makes all the difference. Today’s cereals often have 30% sugar for each serving. This is not a good thing at all. I came across a great article “Cereal Goodness” – July 8, 2013by Nandita Iyer that really explains this topic very well. I just want to leave you with their “5 Things To Remember List…”
5 Things to remember while choosing a breakfast cereal off the shelf
- Wholegrain mentioned in the nutrition panel.
- At least 3g fibre per serving.
- As little sugar as possible—discard anything that has over 7g sugar per serving, or has artificial sugar like aspartame.
- Not more than 250 calories.
- Stay away from those that have fake fruits (mostly sugars and dyes), which only increase the sugar and sodium content. Check that it has no hydrogenated fats or trans fats.
Source: “Cereal Goodness” – July 8, 2013by Nandita Iyer
Image courtesy of imageraymajestic / FreeDigitalPhotos.net