This is a bit alarming.
Would people really eat raw chicken? The answer is yes! Herein lies the problem.
See more in this news story.
Consumer Reports tested the raw chicken for six kinds of bacteria. More than a tenth of the poultry contained two kinds of bacteria that is known to be drug-resistant. Source Investorplace.com
Finally, remember it is all about how you purchase and handle the chicken befor you you consume it.
In order to prevent sickness from the bacteria, Consumer Reports urges people to:
- Throughly wash hands when handling raw chicken.
- Use a separate cutting board for meat and poultry and wash immediately after use
- Don’t clean chicken under the faucet.
- Cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Keep chicken cold after purchase.
- Choose chicken raised without antibiotics.