- Make sure meat is not under cooked.
- Make sure your hands are washed or a bottle of sanitizer is available.
- Use utensils and not your hands
- Also, bring additional pans to make sure cross-contamination does not occur.
- Use a food thermometer. (This item has saved me a lot of undercooking or guessing)
- Make sure food is consumed within 4 hours of cooking to cut down on bacterial growth
With football season just around the corner, it is always a good idea to be reminded about food safety and grilling.