Animal Feed/Pet Food: This industry encompasses Ethanol by-prod, finished feeds, forages, wet & dry ingredients, food & pet treats, food safety and shelf life.
- Previous experience in animal feed/pet food nutrition preferred.
- Basic knowledge of minerals, heavy metals, meat speciation, vitamins and other ingredients, as well as microbiological testing.
- Ability to work with clients and setup appropriate testing packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle customer inquiries in a timely manner, troubleshooting for solutions as necessary.
- Create and maintain databases and client specific projects.
- Work with lab supervisors and marketing/sales department to give quotes and/or up projects.
- Help customers with submission paperwork or portal entry.
- Track samples through the receiving and lab areas to check progress.
- Authorize rerun and add-on work.
- Review and follow up with the customer regarding the report/analysis.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of analytes, packages, and fee schedule.
- Request and help facilitate requirements for new method development.
- Analyst 2 or equivalent job experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in an customer service role
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong computer and analytical knowledge, good knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Team player
- Strong communication
- Ability to learn new technology and systems quickly
- Ability to prioritize daily workload and additional tasks as needed
Some travel maybe required to meet clients during and outside normal business hours.